How Cooperative Grain & Supply Formed/History
Cooperative Grain and Supply was incorporated on May 1, 1966 as a result of four coops merging together: Farmers Cooperative Equity Union of Hillsboro (founded in 1918) , Farmers Cooperative Supply of Hillsboro, Farmers Cooperative Grain & Mercantile Company of Lehigh (founded in 1919), and the Farmers Cooperative Association of Marion (founded in 1959). Major additions since 1966 include the Canton Coop in 1978, Canada Grain in 1991, and the Ampride stations in Hillsboro and Marion in 1999. Other Additions include Crop Production, Industrial Park fuel station, Lehigh Cardtrol, Marion elevator Cardtrol, Canton Service Center in 2006, and the newest addition Canton CStore in 2013.
Over the years, CG&S has made many changes. The storage capacity has grown from 1,267,225 in 1966 to the present capacity of 4,229,000 bushels. In addition, CG&S has formed alliances with surrounding local cooperatives and is participating in two major limited liability companies. Team Marketing Alliance, LLC and Countryside Feed, LLC.
Team Marketing Alliance, LLC (TMA)
Team Marketing Alliance, LLC (TMA) is a grain marketing alliance with four local cooperatives, one Regional Cooperative, and one independent company. TMA members include Cooperative Grain & Supply of Hillsboro, MKC of Moundridge, Farmers Coop Elevator Company of Halstead, Central Prairie Co-op of Sterling, Producers Ag LLC (CHS & MKC) and Midwest Fertilizer of Paola. TMA markets the grain for each member of the LLC. TMA also leases and operates two grain shuttle loading facilities in Kansas. One is located in Canton and the other in Milan. Crop insurance and grain marketing services are also provided through the LLC. For more information, you may go to TMA’s web page at
Countryside Feed, LLC
Countryside Feed, LLC is the feed production LLC for 5 area coops: CG&S of Hillsboro, Agri Trails Coop of Hope, Kanza Coop of Iuka, MKC of Moundridge, and Farmers Coop Elevator Co. of Halstead. Land O'Lakes Purina Feed LLC is also a partner in the LLC. Countryside Feed built a state-of-the-art feed mill in fall of 1999 in the Hillsboro Industrial Park. For more information, you may go to Countryside Feed’s webpage at
The first board of directors elected in 1966 were Adolf Bartel, Elmer Delk, Larry C. Jost, A.S. Klassen, Ernest Suderman, Chester Unruh, and Milton Schlotthauer. In addition, CG&S has had seven general managers: Pete Willems 1966-68; Wendell Haley 1968-69; Elmer Friesen 1969; Bert Regier 1970-76; Galen Rapp 1976-85; Lyman Adams, Jr. 1986-2017; and Jerry Fenske 2017 – Current.
Click this link to fill out an application. Employment Application
|CG&S Board of Directors 2018||District|
|Kevin Suderman||At Large/Chair|
|Jay Bullinger||West/Vice Chair|
|Sarah Olsen||At Large/Secretary|
|Ben Giger||At Large|
|Kendall Voth||At Large|